Galderma Australia Pty. Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. To this end our company complies with the National Privacy Principles (the NPPs) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000).
Galderma Australia Pty Ltd respects your privacy and takes its obligations under the Privacy Act seriously. We will take all reasonable steps to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of any personal information given to us. We will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. Galderma will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless required to do so by law. Galderma Australia may collect and hold identifying information such as your name and personal, business or email address. These personal details will be limited to information given to us by you or arising from your use of our websites. Galderma Australia may also record details of your dealings with us via telephone, mail or the internet. We will not collect other ‘sensitive’ information (eg about health, race or religion etc) without your permission.
If the company were not to collect this personal information about you, you might not receive part or all of the benefits of information, educational programs, events, services or products provided by Galderma Australia.
Collecting your details
Whenever reasonable and practicable we will collect personal information directly from you. When it is not practicable to collect this information directly from you we may collect the information from publicly available sources (eg. medical registers, telephone books) or third parties such as data supply organizations (eg. professional associations, industry bodies and specialist mail service companies). In these instances information will only be collected from organizations or companies who comply with the Privacy Act and all other relevant laws.
Using and disclosing your details
Galderma Australia may collect and use personal information for a number of purposes:
- Maintaining a record of medical queries, complaints and adverse event reports relating to the company’s products and reporting these to relevant regulatory bodies as may be required.
- Sending health care professionals material on the company’s activities and products or developments in pharmaceutical treatment which may be of interest and will enable the company to tailor its marketing services to suit individual needs.
- Supply medical professionals with clinical samples of products.
- Administering clinical trials or other research initiated by the company
- Administering conferences, symposia, expert panels, seminars or other meetings or events.
- Administering disease awareness/management programs or other similar programs
- Notifying health care professionals or consumers of matters required by law (eg. a product recall)
- Managing, planning and arranging meetings between health care professionals and the company’s sales representatives.
- Monitoring and reviewing the company’s compliance with relevant regulations and codes of conduct in its dealings with health care professionals.
- Generating customer lists for the purposes of market research.
- Promoting specific products through activities such as competitions for consumers, health care professionals or retail staff.
To improve our processes and our products Galderma Australia will maintain control and be responsible for the security of any personal information it holds about you. We will not provide personal information about you to any third party without your consent unless legally required to do so or unless permitted by law eg to subcontractors and service providers engaged by Galderma, who will be bound by the same privacy principles and legal obligations as Galderma Australia.
Accessing your details
Galderma will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can access your personal information held by us by contacting the Privacy Officer at Galderma Australia, PO Box 502, Frenchs Forest NSW. 2086. Corrections will be made to any incorrect information or in the event of a correction being refused a reason will be given. Should access be denied in accordance with permissible exceptions under the Privacy Act, a reason will be given.
Changing or deleting your details
If at any time you wish to update or amend your personal details please contact our privacy officer and we will amend your record. Should you wish to delete your personal details please contact our privacy officer and we will take all reasonable steps to delete this information from our records unless we are required to keep it for legal or regulatory reasons.
Storage and security of your details
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do contract out data storage and processing functions but will protect the information by ensuring the off-site storage of information, including electronic back-ups and other information in electronic form, is held secure and is accessible only to authorised staff.